CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE PBEM - Play By Email Football Management

Forum for our game, main website: http://www.championsofeurope.org.uk

Matchdays are processed every Sunday and Wednesday with teamsheet deadline 10pm UK time.

NEXT MATCH DAY: Season 4: Leaguea Matchday 11, N Power Championship Matchday 14 - Sunday 16th December!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2018 12:04 PM  #1

"We are the Owls!!"

http://i.imgur.com/WGs27zl.png

SHEFFIELD WEDNESAY REPORTS

Today Sheffield Wednesday have announced their new manager will be "Ian Thompson" the current Everton boss as they take their place in the expanded Premier League for next season.
Club Owner Dejphon Chansiri was happy to announce today the new boss, and laid out plans to expand Hillsborough and looking for the club to establish themselves in the Premier League.
No exact date has been given for when the new manager will arrive at Hillsborough, but we have learned in the meantime that the new incoming boss has give a the club a list of targets he feels would boost the club, the team has some quality players with defender Daniel Pudil, midfielders George Boyd, Barry Bannan in attack they have two proven goalscorers with Garry Hooper and Forestieri and some very talented youngsters.

The Goalkeeping area needs strengthening, along with several better defenders should keep the new incoming manager happy and something to work with. Fans will be excited about the prospects in the new season and battling city rivals Sheffield United for bragging rights, not to mention Yorkshire derbies with Leeds United. 

Manager: ithompson
Current Club: MANCHESTER UNITED
Clubs: Sheffield Wednesday, Everton, Olympique Marseille

9/08/2018 8:02 PM  #2

Re: "We are the Owls!!"

Wednesday Start Building

New manager "Ian Thompson" has arrived at Hillsborough and started work in his first full day at the club, with the sales of Joao and Matias to Dutch giants Ajax.
The manager will be looking to trim his squad and move 7 players to the Under 21's, and we understand he asked the Board to sign 3 defenders as he looks to set-up a new look team ready for next season.
The players have been on the training ground working through some light training, and running through some tactics and formations, fans were allowed to come and watch the training in an open session.
Everyone seemed very relaxed and in fun mood ahead of the new season, as the current season comes to a close and the managerial changes and transfer activity will really hot up amongst the EFA clubs.

Wednesday manager stated "Our aim will be to avoid relegation in our first season, and then consolidate and challenge for Europe the following season. We need to get off to a good start, and I need to make sure my formation and tactics work for my team".

9/21/2018 7:13 PM  #3

Owls Ready for Sevilla Cup

Sheffiield Wednesday players, officials and management travel tonight to Sevilla ready for the Sevilla Cup on Sunday. The team know it will be a tough competition and there are the underdogs against Chelsea, Reat Betis and Real Madrid.
Players are excited to go on the pitch against some of europe's best players, the manager "Ian thompson" seemed very relaxed, the new players have settled in well. Tonight the club announced the signing of Aaron Lennon from Burnley and Charlie Daniels from AFC Bournemouth with both players arriving at the club Sunday but not eligible for the Cup.  The club we understand are chasing several more players before the league season starts.

10/08/2018 5:12 PM  #4

Shocking Night for Owls

Last night the League Cup proved a low point and a shocking night for Sheffield Wednesday and manager "ian Thompson", the club were dumped out 3-1 by lowly League One outfit Barnsley in this South Yorkshire derby.  Wednesday were never in the match with only 4 shots on goal and were wasteful with those chances they only managed 39% possession to a chorus of boos at the final whistle.
Did the manager take the match too lightly?
In the press conference when asked he replied:-
"No we did not underestimate Barnsley, I made a few changes but we should have won the match,  My players were very poor on the night and I am very disappointed with their attitude on the pitch".
Strong words from the boss, now the club must pick themselves up and be ready for Wednesday night and back to Premier League action.

The Under 21s also went out, although they were winning until a last 25 minute 3 goal blast by Middlesborough ended their dreams of the 2nd round.

10/28/2018 9:31 AM  #5

Owls Boss Leaves

Fans of Sheffiield Wednesday woke up this morning to the news that manager "Ian Thompson" has left the club to join Manchester United, secret talks were held overnight as the former United manager Pieros resigned.  Wednesday now start the hardwork of looking for a new manager.

Board footera