CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE PBEM - Play By Email Football Management

Forum for our game, main website: http://www.championsofeurope.org.uk

Matchdays are processed every Sunday and Wednesday with teamsheet deadline 10pm UK time.

NEXT MATCH DAY:Wednesday May 23rd All Leagues Matchday 3, Reserves League Matchday 2, World Club Championship Matchday 2!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2018 2:29 PM  #1

Juve a GOGO!

Quite excited to be running a team  Ive never had before in any online game.
​My squad looks pretty experienced (aka OLD) but I notice steps have been taken in advance to lessen the blow that a couple of season ending retirements might do.
​Dybala up front will compliment Higuaín and Mandzukic and already Szczesny is sharing goal time with Buffon. I'm looking at the Def and Midfield to see if I might have some trouble there.
My prospects?  Next post.. :-)

1/27/2018 6:21 PM  #2

Re: Juve a GOGO!

With only 24 players at our disposal we can't really sell many lads except on part exchange.plus cash adjustment..
​I am considering selling Buffon as my number 2 can step up to the plate easily enough - just wonder if he can be of use to anybody??
​He won't go cheaply as he will save goals for sure, but I am in the market for a Midfielder - think I'll put this advert onto the Transfer page.

1/31/2018 7:24 PM  #3

This game is hotting up - and we are raring to get a game. 
​I see coaches don't come along till we get some infrastructure in place, but at least (apart from an imbalance in player numbers) we seem to be starting pretty level.
​Some good interest in GK Buffon and Juve are hoping to be able to announce a deal for the lad - he is dying to see some more of the world before he hangs up his gloves, and we don't want to stop him.
​We did say that Dybala would not be for sale unless a SUPER offer was made for him - and I am considering a pretty good one right now. I will be in touch about that one later on to the club concerned.....

​Juventus
(Manager -Grandadam)

2/07/2018 9:08 AM  #4

Right... Today is the off and we are ready. I didn't say we look good - on paper we do look good but the 2 pre-season matches were not pretty to watch.
​However we start with a clean sheet - surprised to see we have GK Buffon in the squad - I have already accepted an offer for him and I guess RB Leipzig would like to have him between the sticks for their first game....
​I have already slipped him to the stand for today's match - got to move on.
As usual I wish all others except my immediate opponents a good day. :-)

2/11/2018 10:24 AM  #5

Ah well - one game in and already it looks like a long season (could be I'm just a bad coach).
I see clubs with players with skills the same as mine and all passing better with Abs mounting up steadily.
I seem to struggle passing and tackling efficiently.
Hey ho - we will persevere.

What I didn't realise till recently is that I can approach manager less clubs as regards their players - and I will now have a look to see if any can boost my flagging fortunes.. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

4/05/2018 9:02 PM  #6

http://i.imgur.com/l9LA7s7.jpg

JUVENTUS FINALLY GET NEW BOSS

Tonight Italian giants Juventus confirmed that they have finally appointed a new manager after the previous manager "Grandadam" quit early in the season. The club has appointed "Klopp" (aka Azboy) who left Bayern Munich this morning and arrived at the Juventus stadium to take up his post.
"Klopp" has lead german giants Bayern Munich to 4th in the league and decided he wanted a fresh start and was happy to join Juventus after meeting with several clubs.
His first job will be to rebuild a squad that has underperformed this season, the club spent much money on Gareth Bale who has only scored 1 goal and could be first axing at the club.  A squad with 11 players over 30 would suggest that the club need to invest in younger talented players and possibly more Italian players, everyone is now awaiting to hear from the new boss.

Job: E.F.A Admin (Azboy)
Head Coach: Juventus FC
Record: 10-3-5  Previous Club: Bayern Munich

4/24/2018 6:36 AM  #7

Juventus Delight

At the final whistle on Sunday night there much joy and relief as Juventus secured their top flight status with a 2-1 win over Bottom club Ajax who are relegated.
Since boss "Klopp" arrived at the club their has been a change in formation and tactics which has paid off for the players and over recent games some very good performances with Mandzukic in particular stepping up and bagging some vital goals.  Now players and fans celebate another season in the top flight and can start building for next season, already Gareth Bale who was seen as an expensive flop have left the club to Barcelona and world legend Lionel Messi arriving in Turin.  Fans were delighted to see the star arrive at the club and was signing autographs and posing for photos with the fans and commercially this could be a great deal for the club.  New young talent Matias Nani has settled into defense well and a hot prospect for the future, Betancur is also another young talent who has had a good season and recently joined Juventus.  The boss is keen to bring down the average age at the club and bring through some of the young players next season.

5/01/2018 8:45 PM  #8

http://i.imgur.com/l9LA7s7.jpg

END OF SEASON

Fans and Management were both in good spirits come the end of season party, when Head Coach "Klopp" arrived at the club they were heading for relegation, but he steered them to survival and a good run of form to finish the season.
Now the work begins to build a strong squad for next season, but the Head Coach is very positive that next season the club will be challenging for honors and making a title challenge,  Lionel Messi now settled at the club is likely to feature as the main build of the team and the in form striker Mandzukic who's goals were vital over the last 6 matches.  A backup Goalkeeper is needed, and a very weak midfield needs to be boosted if they are to be serious title contenders, so much transfer activity will be needed to bring in quality players starting now and we believe the boss is already drawing up a shortlist of players.

Meanwhile off the field, the club are looking to extend training facilities and parking facilities to bring in more fans to the Juventus Stadium to raise revenue.

5/16/2018 6:34 PM  #9

Juve to Barcelona

Tonight Juventus take on FC Barcelona in the Nou Camp, looking for their first win this season after being held 2-2 on Sunday home by Real Madrid.  Barcelona lost to Bayern Munich and will also be looking to win so Juve will need to be at their best.  Manager "Klopp" has only made two changes to his line-up rotating Khedira for Behrami who had a good debut and resting Messi and recalling Mandzukic into attack who finished last season with a flurry of goals.
Gonzalo Higuain has had talks with the boss after feeling left out of his plans and not turning up for training, casting doubts over his future at the club, this will alert many clubs across Europe who will want the talented striker.

Board footera