CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE PBEM - Play By Email Football Management

Forum for our game, main website: http://www.championsofeurope.org.uk

Season 6 Matchdays are processed every Sunday and Wednesday with teamsheet deadline 10pm UK time.

NEXT MATCH DAY: Sunday 25th August - Pre Season Matchday 1..... ....!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2018 9:32 PM  #1

Milan News

AC Milan Take on Manager

AC Milan confirmed today they have recruited the Bayern Munich manager "Ronaldo" to take over at the end of the current season. The Brazilian former striker has impressed with his tactics, formations and performances and has been rewarded with a 2 year contract at the San Siro.
After several years of struggles and lacking top football, AC MIlan are back at the head of European Football in the new "The Liga" next season and looking to establish themselves as a regular force again and battle rivals Inter and Juventus.
Carlos Bacca is likely to lead the attack with his knack for scoring goals, Biglia and Montolivo will be the key men in midfield, and with Pepe Reina in goal the new manager should inherit a good squad and may only need 1 or 2 acquisitions compared to other clubs in the league.  More news will be forthcoming when the new boss arrives at the club.

Ronaldo
Club: WOLVES & AS ROMA
Record: European 3 Runners Up Valencia CF, Coppa Del Rey Finalists Villareal

12/22/2018 6:29 PM  #2

Re: Milan News

Milan in Transition

New caretaker boss "Inzaghi" who will managing the club part time alongside his role at Huddersfield Town has stated:-
"This is a transitional period for AC Milan, this club used to be one of the heavyweights of Europe, we need to lift the club and get back to top of Europe".
The new caretaker boss started with a midweek 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid and will be looking to bounce back against leaders Lazio and cause an upset.  Surprising to think that AC Milan are underdogs going into a game with SS Lazio, but Lazio have blown the league away this season while Milan have struggled.
Now is time for the Milan players to step up and show the boss what they can do on the pitch, Carlos Bacca has carried the club this season with his 17 goals and really needs a scoring partner in attack.
Milan's midfield has been below par compared to other midfields in Liga, the club do need better defends if they are to challenge for a Champions League place as they are heavily reliant on Pepe Reina between the sticks.
But a good win over Lazio will help restore some pride and get the momentum within the club.

Job: European Football Commission (EFC) Commissioner (Azboy) 1 League Title
Head Coach: NORWICH CITY (4th July 2019 -), BAYERN MUNICH (May 2019 - )
(December 2018 -)

1/10/2019 10:02 AM  #3

Milan Fans Celebrate

Although their league form has been erratic, last night in the 2nd leg of the Coppa Del Rey Semi Finals the club battled well against league leaders Real Madrid who had a 4-2 lead and 3 late goals secured a place in the final.  The game was all square at 70 minutes as both teams battled and cancelled each other out, then Milan popped up with 3 goals in 20 minutes from Suso, Borini and Bacca to send celebrations and fans going crazy at the final whistle.
The club had won 5-4 on aggregate and booked a Coppa Del Rey final place against Villareal, the Head Coach "Inzaghi" was seen celebrating with the fans and run up and down the sidelines in excitement.
Milan had battled against the odds and now look forward to a final, and will now push on to qualify for next season's Champions League.
In the after match press conference the Head Coach spoke:-
"I am delighted how we stuck to the task kept the game tight, and could not have forseen how we took our chances in the last 20 minutes. I am so happy for my players and now we have a chance of silverware for this massive club".

(December 2018 -)

2/10/2019 11:09 PM  #4

http://i.imgur.com/LPtAHFl.jpg

AC MILAN WIN FIRST TROPHY

AC Milan fans were delighted this evening after by them a poor league season, they lifted the Coppa del Rey beating Villareal 4-2 in the final at the San Bernabeu in Madrid.
Along with winning the trophy they have booked their place in next season's new look 32 club Champions League, the final started badly when Milan went 1-0 down to a Pjaca goal for Villareal hard on the 16 year rookie keeper Renato who had to play with Reina out.
On 58mins it got worse as Gaspar hit a shot that Renato got a hand to but could not keep out and Milan were 2-0 down.  A minute later Ron Vlaar started the revival pulling a goal back, Fabio Borini came on 60 mins to add more firepower in attack.  Only 6 mins on the pitch and Borini scores to make it 2-2, the 67th minute Halilovic makes it 3-2 to AC Milan and pushing forward to take the game.
On 70mins Fabio Borini hits a goal of the season contender to win the game for Italian side, and at the final whistle mass celebrations with Caretaker Head Coach "Inzaghi", fans chanting his name and players celebrating as they lifted the trophy.

All eyes on next season and the Champions League.

(December 2018 -)

3/16/2019 9:47 PM  #5

http://i.imgur.com/O44pOFy.jpg

MILAN TO REBUILD

Despite lifting the Coppa Del Rey trophy last season, their first trophy the caretaker boss "Inzaghi" stated at end of last season that this season will be a season of transition as the club look to build for the future and get back to the top of European Football.
The boss has the backing of the Milan board, and the club importantly want to stay ahead of city rivals Inter, and the old lady Juventus, today the caretaker boss announced his plans on the training ground and with his players.  Several key U23s players are being promoted into the 1st team, the club are tying up several deals to bring in fresh younger players to help the club revive their fortunes after a poor 6th place finish last season and finishing 20 points behind champions.

(December 2018 -)

3/20/2019 9:03 PM  #6

http://i.imgur.com/RLKzU8e.jpg

AC MILAN LINE-UP WITH FUTURE STARS

AC Milan caretaker boss has surprised many in Europe tonight with his team selection ahead of their clash at the San Siro with Ukranian Champions Shaktar Donetsk.  The Boss has named one of the youngest side seen in the competition with the average age of the starting 11 just 20 years old. 
AC Milan have stated they are building a new side and using this season to transition and blood in youngsters from the Milan Academy and top youngsters brought in, but no one expected such a young team to be fielded so quickly and the Champions League.
Renato will start in goal at just 17 year old, the back four will comprise 22 year old Ballo Toure, 20 year old Malang Sarr and 34 year old Ron Vlaar.
In midfield the boss has gone with 17 year old playmaker Izconil, new 22 year old Ghanian Donsah and 20 yea old Swede Svanberg.  The forwards will be Diego Lainez the 18 year old Mexican, partnered by 19 year old Italian Rigimorte from the Academy and 21 year old Colombian striker Ceter.
20 year old D Maldini will be on the bench, many will be interested to see the result, how the team plays, could this be a masterclass of Academy talent from Milan or backfire badly? 

(December 2018 -)

3/28/2019 12:56 PM  #7

NIGHT OF GOALS

What a night of Champions League football last night as AC Milan travelled to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, and what a game with 8 goals shared in a 4-4 draw.  Chelsea nearly took the lead on 18 minutes hitting the post, in the 29th minute Milan struck first with Giuseppe scoring his first Milan goal. 
2 minutes later Gary Medel made it 2-0 to the delight of the fans as he ran to the corner flag to mock singing, Milan were moving the ball around well and stunned Chelsea.  Chelsea scored on 34 minutes to bring the scoreline to 1-2, Milan thought they had scored on 39 minutes when Diego Lainz hit the inside of the post but the keepr recovered the ball.
Milan should have had a penalty on on 47 mins when Diego Lainz was flattened by Zappacosta but the referee ignored the protests, both sides were now going for it in the second half.

On 73mins Ron Vlaar put Milan 3-1 up with a super goal, with Milan fans chanting loudly in approval.
Chelsea hit back on 82mins and making the game edgy at 3-2, straight from the kick off Ruben Neves ran forward and hits a 4th goal for Milan and celebrated in style.  Chelsea burst forward and force a corner, Campos scores from the corner to make it 4-3, the game was coming to an end and Milan thought they had bagged the points. But Sturridge popped up in the 93rd minute to get the equaliser for Chelsea.
The final whistle ended a thrilling end to end match and a good point for Milan, although they should have taken all 3 points, but they have qualified for the last 16 with two games to play in the Group Stages.

Caretaker Boss Inzaghi stated:-
"I am delighted by the boys tonight, we did what we set out to do get the point and make the last 16 a place this club should be.  Last season was not a good one for the club, but were rebuilding and this is a great start, all credit to Chelsea they made a great game". 

(December 2018 -)

5/01/2019 10:41 PM  #8

AC MILAN INTERIM BOSS STEPS DOWN

A disappointing night for AC Milan, after putting in one of those great Champions League performances to beat Barcelona 4-1 on the night and a good team match the club went out on away goals, you could see the disappointment on the players faces and the interim boss "Inzaghi".  The boss congratulated his players and the fans for their support then issued this press statement:-
"I would like to thank everyone at the club, but I feel I have started rebuilding the club and something good to hand over to a new manager. I have handed in my resignation and the board have allowed me to leave.
I wish the club, players and fans much success in the season
".

(December 2018 -)

Board footera