Football PBEM Management Games

Champions of Europe Forum for our game, main website: http://www.championsofeurope.org.uk
Football Champions Forum for our game, main website: http://www.footballchampions.championsofeurope.org.uk

Champions of Europe League Commissioners: Redknapp & Inzaghi
League Moderators: English Leagues - Redknapp, S-Liga & Italian Leagues - Inzaghi, Pirelli Premiership - Dazoctaron, U23s Leagues - Macca.

Season 6 Matchdays are processed every Sunday and Wednesday with teamsheet deadline 10pm UK time.

NEXT MATCH DAY:
Sunday 8th December - Premier League & Championship Matchday 12, S-Liga Matchday 10, Serie A & Serie B Matchday 8, Pirelli Premiership Matchday 7, U23s Leagues Matchday 4!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2019 8:39 PM  #1

Pompey 2019-2020 season

After winning the EFL Trophy last season missing out on automatic promotion, and losing in playoffs to Sunderland it think its going be very tough to repeat in the new season unless we bring in several new players.

Several players gone back to parent clubs, we released several players and so far only made 1 signing in James Bolton.
Still no convinced Kenny Jackett is the man to lead back to the Championship, but if he makes some good signings then maybe just maybe we can make it happen next season.

Manager:  REDKNAPP    
Club:  
Caretaker:  CD Tenerife (July 2019 - present)

6/15/2019 9:26 PM  #2

Re: Pompey 2019-2020 season

Agree with you Redknapp we blew it last season, up to January we were clear at the top then January was bad month and ended up in playoffs losing to Sunderland.
Me also not sure Jackett is the right man for our club, but we need signings.

ColinW
Current Club: LEICESTER CITY  Caretaker:  SSC Napoli
Clubs: Portsmouth x2, Chelsea, Leicester City

7/02/2019 9:01 PM  #3

Good to see new signings for Pompey:-

Matt Casey signs professional deal
Ryan Williams (Striker)
Sean Raggett (Defender)

Hopefully several more to come

ColinW

7/04/2019 9:04 PM  #4

I follow Pompey's results.  I lived down their for a while and played for Havant & Waterlooville and my old flatmate still lives in Waterlooville.
I think they may surprise you a bit this season and the support they get will help enormously. We were disappointed that Nathan Thompson chose to leave for you but obviously he deserves to play at a higher level.
I agree that the manager may not be the best but I think there are some good players at the club and keep a look out for Leon Pitman, Joe Hancott and Bradley Lethbridge coming through the academy.

Last edited by dazoctaron (7/04/2019 9:05 PM)

Manager: Dazoctaron (Saved penalties for a living and reffed a bit.)
Club:  Hamburg (August 2019)  
Caretaker: Tottenham (November 2019) 
Previous: Leverkusen (June-August 2019) & Sheff Wed (May-October 2019)

7/21/2019 5:38 PM  #5

True Daz, we do have some good Academy players coming through.
Unbeaten in pre season so far, and performances good even though not played any big teams.
New signings playing well especially Raggett, McCrorie on loan from Rangers, and Harness.

Club:  

7/30/2019 12:24 PM  #6

See lots of pundits and bookies got us and Sunderland as two favourites for automatic promotion to Championship this season.
We have made some good signings, and pre season has been encouraging, Jackett seems positive about the team and with hawkins coming back from injury tonight at Woking in a friendly signs look good for the opener with Shrewsbury Town on Saturday.

ColinW

8/13/2019 11:10 PM  #7

Despite the 1-0 defeat at Shrewsbury Town in the opening game, Pompey are coming good and settling in with our new players and strikers.
The 3-0 win in the Carabao Cup was a great result and well deserved, then Saturday beating Tranmere Rovers were now starting to settle and hit form which we need if we are to get promoted at the 3rd attempt.  Very excited about Pompey this season.

ColinW

8/16/2019 8:17 PM  #8

Big early test for Pompey tomorrow in the 12.30pm kickoff away at Sunderland.
Both clubs challenged and fell away towards end of season, we beat them in the EFL Trophy final and both teams favourites for promotion this season.
We ve started season well with the 3-0 win over Birmingham and last weeks win over Tranmere Rovers, and we want promotion we got to beat the big clubs like Sunderland.

James Bolton returns to the side, Hawkins is out, Whatmough and Williams also out for Pompey.
We dont have a good record at Stadium of Light but fingers crossed we ll show up tomorrow and get the job done.

Club:  

9/01/2019 10:52 AM  #9

Poor start to League season with 5 games played with 5 pts on board and near the bottom teams.
Yesterday 1-1 draw with then leaders Blackpool although we were leading but did not hold the lead, Jackett really needs to sort things out.
We are on of favourites to go up but on current form not a chance.

In the Carabao Cup doing well, beaten Birmingham City and QPR, two championship clubs and next round meeting with Scum(Saints).

ColinW

9/21/2019 8:04 PM  #10

Well I am very frustrated with Pompey 1-0 defeat today to Wycombe means no away wins yet this season, Jackett has really lost the plot.
Letting Jamal Lowe leave in the off season was first mistake and as one of promotion favourites were just above relegation zone and blown promotion I think already even this early on.
The team are playing awful football compared to how we played last season, absolutely shocking!!

ColinW

Board footera